Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Why Is He Taking So Long To Reply To My Texts

Why Is He Taking So Long To Reply To My Texts?

Sounds familiar?

Texting should be alot more easier today because of all the technology advances,you can just send voice notes or call instead of typing forever,but it seems to be quite the challenge for most relationships!

-Why isn't he texting me back?

Does him taking forever to reply imply that he doesn't feel as strongly towards you?

 Is he taking his time because he's with someone else?

But literally from experience, texting can be a headache sometimes. A year ago,I had this same anxiety.

I would text my boyfriend then he will reply in a heart beat and i'd have this grin on my face and then he'd fall off the face of the earth and I'd start to be frustrated. Thirty minutes. No reply. I start to wonder why isn't he replying? 

So I call but he doesn't pick up. I go to WhatsApp and check if he's online. Nothing. He must have changed his last seen to NOBODY. So I check the last time he posted on his status. Mmmh? .........He's always on his phone when he's with me so he definitely must be ignoring me.

I mean,it's fascinating how much the human mind can come up with just to give self a satisfactory response.

That's me one year ago. Playing detective in my relationship. I was obsessed with finding something when probably there was nothing to be found. In my head it was just, if you don't text or call back at the same speed am texting you, something is not right somewhere. 

This shift from girlfriend or boyfriend to detective mode is the worst way to go about it. You are going to loose them.

You know there is an expression for this kind of behavior . It's called self sabotaging. Stop self sabotaging. 

I mean why you keeping a timer on his texting habits? If he even delays 30 minutes from the last text ,you start looking for a reason. If you looking for a reason,your mind will have a thousand reasons for you and believe me,out of that a thousand,only one will be positive," maybe he's lying dead somewhere "

You keep messing up everything you love with this over obsessive behavior and thoughts. Being stuck in your head is the worst kind of feeling. So just take a moment and breath and relax. He ain't cheating on you just because he didn't pick up your call.

I always say your partner had a life way before he even met you and just because you are in it,doesn't mean you start being all up in their business. Just give people time to make room for you in their lives,otherwise if you force your way into their lives,they will leave. No one wants to be controlled.

Stop seeking validation where it's not needed. If he texts back on time,does it have a significant amount of validation that you need,maybe yes ,maybe not but if he doesn't text you on time. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you. It simply just means he is distracted or he is busy.

Instead of over obsessing about this and keeping it in for days, Especially for the women ,who love keeping things in until they explode, just talk to your partner. Tell them you would appreciate if they texted back or at least just text to say you are fine and say goodnight,you know? A little validation that you are alive and thinking about him or her, but you have had a long day and you would like to rest well for tomorrow.

But the point is if you text your partner and he doesn't reply ON TIME,let that not be the measure of how much he or she loves you 

And if he or she is not working to meet you half way then I guess you've got your answer right there . He or she ain't the best match for you. Leave. Leave. Leave. Run. Run. Run.


Post a Comment

0 Comments